Thermiva is a new, non invasive, non surgical procedure for treatment of mild to moderate stress incontinence, atrophic vaginitis, vaginal prolapse, sexual dysfunction and vaginal and labial laxity.
How does it work?
ThermiVa uses temperature controlled radiofrequency energy to gently heat the tissue. It has been shown to increase collagen formation, blood flow and lubrication to the vagina, giving a more youthful appearing vulva, restoration of vaginal elasticity, considerable improvement in reduction in overactive bladder symptoms and reduction in sexual dysfunction.
How Thermiva is performed?
ThermiVa is an outpatient procedure that only takes about 30 minutes. It uses a small vaginal probe, it doesn’t require any anaesthesia or needles, which makes it very tolerable and is essentially painless. There might be a little warmth from the probe. You are able to resume all activity, including sexual intercourse after each treatment. Some tightening results are appreciable within days of the first treatment but the full outcome takes a few months to fully manifest. Three treatments are recommended one month apart each one. Outcomes last 9 to 12 months before a touch-up may be required. Depending individual biological response, patients may require an additional treatment once a year if necessary to maintain the benefit.
Who Benefits From ThermiVa?
Women of all ages are all appropriate patients particularly if experiencing any of the following issues:
- Leakage of urine during when sneezing or physical activity ( stress incontinence) urinary urgency and over active bladder
- Poor orgasmic response
- Vaginal dryness and pain during intercourse
- Vaginal laxity or ‘looseness’
ThermiVa tighten labial tissues (nonsurgical labiaplasty). This reduces sagging and firms up the area for a more youthful appearance
- It will tighten the vaginal canal for heightened sexual sensation for the patient and partner. Patients report that they have experience improved orgasmic function
- It can increase nerve sensitivity so women have more sensation
- It can increase the strength of pelvic floor muscles
- Vaginal lubrication is improved for softer and thicker vulvovaginal skin
- ThermiVa treatments can lead to a higher level of self confidence